ARMY LAND TRAINING DAY IS BACK!
For those of you that are new to the Kokoda community, 'Army Land' is a section of the Gold Coast 48 & 96km Kokoda Challenge course that walks through private land owned by the Australian Army where they run regular live fire drills and training exercises.
Given that this section is private property and access is strictly prohibited prior to the event weekend, we seek special permission from the army to run a training day so competitors can get a glimpse of what they're in for, and make sure they're fully prepared before event weekend!
Who: Only competitors who are registered for the 2022 Kokoda Challenge are able to attend
When: 3rd of July from 7:00am sharp
Where: 1263 Beechmont Road, Lower Beechmont (look out for the Kokoda Challenge flags on the day)
Cost: $20 per person (all proceeds go to the Kokoda Youth Foundation to help us continue to run life-changing youth programs for local kids!)
Only competitors who are registered for the 2022 Kokoda Challenge competitors are able to attend
• The out and back walk will start at checkpoint 8, go through checkpoint 9 and then turn around at checkpoint 10. You will then go back to checkpoint 8 via checkpoint 9, competitors will not be permitted to continue past checkpoint 10. All walkers must return to checkpoint 8 so we can account for everyone.
• Please arrive at 7:00am for a 7:30am start, you will park your car inside the gates, check in with the volunteers, receive a safety briefing and then commence your walk or run. Participants will start in waves after their safety briefing.
• Parking outside of army land (e.g. on the side of Beechmont Road is not permitted), you must park your car inside the gates.
• There will be toilets located in the car park, you must pack a hand shovel and toilet paper for use outside of the car park.
• You must walk with at least one other person at all times
• You must have your Kokoda Challenge online profile complete prior to registering and attending the training day (this includes making sure your emergency contact details have been entered)
• Registrations will close 11:59pm Sunday 26th of June or unless sold out prior. All individuals attending must have a ticket to take part in the Army Land Training Day. Please make sure you respect the use of this private property by leaving no rubbish and burying faecal waste.
• All proceeds from ticket sales will go to the Kokoda Youth Foundation to help us continue to run life-changing youth programs for local kids!