ACKNOWLEDGMENT, WAIVER & RELEASE FORM
Please read carefully before signing acknowledgement, waiver and release from liability and potential claims based upon negligence or other claimed misconduct.
Ticking "I have read and understand the contents of the Acknowledgement, Waiver & Release Form" on your regisration, signifies you have read this document and understand its contents.
1. I hereby certify that I meet the minimum age requirements for the specific event I am entering. If I am under 18, I confirm that my parent and/or gaurdian has read this document and gives me permission to enter the Event.
2. I understand that participating in the KOKODA CHALLENGE (the Event) involves walking or running on road and rugged, isolated and often remote tracks. I am aware of the hazards involved. The hazards include, but are not limited to, road or track surfaces, remoteness from assistance or medical aid, the extremely strenuous nature of covering kilometers on foot (including walking or running at night), becoming lost, vehicle traffic, actions of participants, spectators, organiser’s personnel, supporting agencies, weather conditions, sleeplessness, hypothermia and heat exhaustion, condition of suitability of participant’s clothing, footwear or equipment. In my judgment I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in the Event.
3. I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in this event and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person and that I have been given the opportunity by the organiser to attend the pre event briefing session.
4. On behalf of myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, I:
- a. RELEASE AND DISCHARGE The Kokoda Challenge Event sponsors, Event producers, volunteers, community organisations and all State, Federal and Local Government authorities with responsibility for the locality in which the event may be staged and their or its respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, representatives, agents and volunteers (indemnified Parties) from any and all liability for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft and all other loss or injury whatever and however occurring which I may suffer as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and my traveling to and from this event and I waive all and any claims against the indemnified Parties which but for the execution of this Acknowledgement Waiver and Release I may have had against the Indemnified Parties or any of them;
- b. INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 3(a) from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever or however caused which may be brought against them or any of them arising as a result of or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in and traveling to and from this event, including any claim by my (or my teams) support crew or any person assisting me or my team.
5. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in any event of injury, accident and or illness during the event.
6. I understand that during the event or related activities I may be photographed or filmed. I agree to allow my photograph, video or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the KOKODA YOUTH FOUNDATION INC, the sponsors and or assigns.
7. I agree to abide by the Event rules and I understand that my entry may be voided if through my actions or behavior, in the opinion of the organizers, I break any of the rules or I bring the event into disrepute. I further understand that the organizers reserve the right reject any entry without having any justification for their actions.
8. I agree to use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that I and my team raise minimum the fundraising amount stated in the rules and regulations of registration for this event and send the total of all fundraising raised to KOKODA YOUTH FOUNDATION INC. by the requested date. I understand that I and the other members of my team may be denied entry in the event if the minimum amount is not raised.
9. I understand that in the event of a full cancellation the team registration is non-refundable.