Sara Keith's Kokoda Challenge Tips & Tricks
1. Practice your nutrition in training
2. Electrolytes are important
3. Embrace the creek crossings
4. Poles come in handy
5. Ways to prevent blisters & chafe
6. Use a box for the Checkpoints
7. Train on the course
8. Invest in a good head lamp
9. Make a team playlist
10. Get into the right mindset
11. Practise with your gear
12. Have a good support crew!
Good luck to all you who are taking part in the Kokoda Challenge for all distances. Remember to pay your respects to the diggers whilst you’re out on the course and to remember the four pillars which are, mateship, sacrifice, endurance and courage. Happy hiking!
Want more trianing ideas and tips?
Head to our Explore and Learn page to check out our other blogs
Explore & Learn
If you're an avid hiker like we are, why not test yourself in Australia's toughest team endurance event:
Or to get more training routes and hiking destinations around the Gold Coast like this delivered straight to your inbox, enter your details below!