INTRODUCING THE KOKODA VIRTUAL CHALLENGE
It was no secret how disappointed all of us were when we were forced to cancel all of the 2020 Kokoda Challenges in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Melbourne due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, in true Kokoda style, we decided that ain’t nothin’ gonna break our stride and we would host a Kokoda Virtual Challenge instead! Here are the details:
- Click HERE to register online now! You have until 11:59 pm on the 31st of May to complete either the 48 km or 96 km challenge, it is completely FREE for you to register!
- Connect your fitness app or manually log in your kilometres through your account login details. You can choose to either walk, hike or run the distance – it’s completely up to you!
- It is important that you check your state or territory’s website for updates on social distancing and isolation. Every state is different and the rules are changing frequently, so make sure you keep up to date with the latest regulations for your own safety and the safety of all others too.
- Don’t forget to share your journey on social media and tag us using #KokodaVirtualChallenge – we would love to see all of your smiling faces again!
- While there are no fundraising requirements, if you wish to make a goodwill donation to use the platform or any of your friends and family want to support your efforts then donations are always very welcome! We are a registered charity that does not receive any government funding so we rely on the generosity of our community to be able to run the Kokoda Challenge Youth Programs through the Kokoda Youth Foundation.
We’re over the moon to be able to offer this platform free of charge to you all during these trying times! We know that some have been finding it difficult to maintain an active lifestyle when there are so many limitations as to what we can and can’t do. We hope that this provides you all with a little motivation and gets you excited and ready for the Kokoda Challenges in 2021!
The aim of the Kokoda Vitual Challenge is to keep everyone fit and healthy for both our physical and mental wellebing, keep the Kokoda Community together in a time when we’re unable to physically be together, and to also get you all prepared for the 2021 Kokoda Challenges!
If you have any questions at all in regards to the Kokoda Virtual Challenge then please go to the FAQs page or reach out to us either through our Facebook page or drop us a line via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing all of your photos and videos coming through, and to see the creative ways that you guys are completing your Kokoda Virtual Challenge!
Lastly, we would like to say a very big THANK YOU to our friends over at Funraisin who generously donated their time and effort to develop the Kokoda Virtual Challenge platform as a result of the hardship we all experienced due to the effects of COVID-19. This is the reason we were able to wave the registration fee for all of you to participate and without them, none of this would have been possible!